College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
Department of Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
The career options & pathways open communication majors span the economic horizon…
- Want to build e-commerce businesses? We teach Digital Entrepreneurship.
- Want to run a blog? We teach web site design.
- Dream of being the TV News person? We have graduates doing that job.
- Do you want to enter government as a public information officer? Our graduates do that.
- Would you like to write for the public media, newspapers, web news, digital news, right-now media? This is Communication now!
- Are you interested in entering the public arena in politics or government or dissent? We teach people how to deliver their message. Eight of the last nine UVI Commencement students speakers has been a Communication Major.
- We have our own radio station – WUVI – AM -1090. WUVI is broadcasting from both campuses – on the Internet and on AM radio 1090 AM. Communion majors run the radio station.
People who specialize in good communication are in high demand. A person who is an expert, but lacks communication skills will forever have their career limited. While the person with clear communicator will rise to positions of leadership.