College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
Liberal Arts Department
Bachelor of Arts in Music Education
Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
Instructors of the Music Education Degree Program work toward the achievement of the following objectives:
- to provide excellent and diligent teaching related to the discipline of music
- to expose students to the language, pedagogical practices and aesthetic ideas peculiar to the discipline of music
- to encourage the study of historical, educational and theoretical concepts and performance practices related to the discipline and especially to specific areas of concentration of music study at the university
- to reinforce methods of learning related to critical analysis and thought within and across all disciplines of study at the university
- to instill academic values through the personal and professional commitment to academic excellence at all levels of teaching and learning
- to exhibit examples of high ethical behavior that promotes ethical behavior among student participants
- to provide students with an exciting atmosphere in which to learn and practice ideals related to the study of the discipline
- to make every effort to help students make connections across disciplines and within the discipline of music that will encourage collaborative learning and understandings
- to create an atmosphere that encourages continual study, learning and growth
- to nurture, encourage and reinforce the students’ ability to ultimately act independently in creative, critical and interpretive ways
Intended Educational Program Outcomes
The successful graduate will have successfully acquired the ability to:
- Exhibit analytical understanding and skill through active learning principles applied across the curriculum course content.
- Think critically and creatively.
- Construct new knowledge.