College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
General Graduate Application Requirements:
Social Sciences Department
Master of Public Administration
- Submit an application form to the Admissions Office on the appropriate campus requesting admission to the Graduate Program by April 30th for Fall and October 30th for Spring admissions.
- Submit official transcript(s) of all previous college course work. (Transcript(s) must be forwarded by the institution(s) attended.)
- Submit Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. GMAT and GRE scores are retained for five testing years from the date scores are earned.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application process by October 30 for the spring semester and April 30 for the Fall semester. Applicants must complete the admission procedures according to schedule and may register for courses while the application process is pending.
Master of Public Administration Requirements:
- Students applying to the MPA program are required to have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least a 2.5.
- In addition to meeting the general requirements, applicants seeking admission to the Public Administration major must have successfully completed one of the following prerequisite course requirements or its equivalent:
- BUS 325 Statistics for Management Decisions or
- MAT 235 Introduction to Statistics or
- SSC 327 & 328 Quantitative Research Methods in the Social Sciences I & II or
- ECO 221 & 222 Introduction to Economics (Macro- & Micro-)
Graduate Admission Exam Requirements:
GMAT Vs GRE: What is the difference?
Program Brochure (PDF)