School of Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
BSN Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate nursing care provided to individuals, families, groups, populations, and communities across the lifespan from diverse backgrounds in a variety of settings to ensure that it is compassionate, age and culturally appropriate and based on a patient's preferences, values and needs.
- Collaborate with members of the interprofessional health care team to manage and coordinate the provision of safe, quality care for patients, families, groups, populations, and communities.
- Integrate scientific information and best current evidence with clinical expertise when making clinical judgments in the management of patient-centered care.
- Use quality improvement measures to evaluate the effect of change on the delivery of patient-centered care and patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective use of strategies to mitigate errors and reduce the risk of harm to patients, self and others in healthcare, home, and community settings.
- Use empirical and evidence-based information and patient care technology to communicate relevant patient information and mitigate error in the management of safe, quality patient-centered care.
- Practice in a professional, ethical, and legal manner while managing patient-centered, standard-based nursing care.
- Integrate leadership and management theories and principles into practice when managing a caseload of patients and making clinical judgments about their care.
BSN Program Outcomes are defined as the indicators by which Program effectiveness is measured and include:
- NCLEX pass rates (ACEN required)
- Job placement rates (ACEN required)
- Graduate/alumni/employer satisfaction rates (ACEN required)
- Graduation rates (ACEN required)
- Continuing ACEN accreditation
Assessment Methods Utilized by the School of Nursing
- NCLEX-RN first time pass rates
- Graduate, Alumni and Employer surveys
- Standardized exams (ATI), Faculty-prepared exams
- Clinical Performance Measures
Licensure Pass Rates
- 2015 Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program = 60%
- 2014 Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program = 25%
- 2013 Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program = 75%