The UVI Public Relations Office (PRO) manages the brand and image of the University of the Virgin Islands through internal, local and regional avenues, while expanding the University’s national and international profile through news and information dissemination, media relations, publication production, advertising, publicity, marketing and the UVI website. The office creates strategy to best position the University, utilizing traditional and emerging media, building key relationships, and anticipating stakeholders’ needs. The Public Relations Office also establishes policy and protocol.
The following list encompasses many of the functions of the Public Relations Office:
- Branding – The PRO ensures that the University is always presented in an easily identifiable, clear and consistent manner, utilizing the University’s logo, wordmark and other official UVI images – while maintaining a professional look and adhering to all set standards.
- Communications – The PRO shares information with internal stakeholders by providing regular updates, emergency notifications, and special announcements to UVI employees, faculty and staff.
- Marketing – The PRO utilizes advertising, public relations, social media, publications and a web presence to promote UVI accomplishments, events and services.
- Media Relations – The PRO works with the media to share UVI news, information and stories about the University by building solid relationships with members of the media.
- Publications – The PRO produces several UVI publications, including the UVI Magazine, the Alumni newsletter “Alumni Chronicles” and the Development Office’s newsletter Philanthropy and You. The PRO also provides oversight and guidance for many UVI publications.
- Social Media – The PRO manages UVI’s official social media presence through sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Blogger and Wordpress, analyzing and utilizing social media sites that are most relevant to reaching UVI stakeholders and the general public.
- Web Presence – The PRO manages the UVI website www.uvi.edu and monitors the on-line presentation of UVI on the Internet.
The office is here to serve the University community – faculty, staff, students and alumni – as well as media representatives and the general public.
View the Public Relations Handbook here.
The Public Relations Office staff includes:
Public Relations Office's fax number is (340) 693-1055.