ACADEMIC STANDARDS COMMITTEE - Reports to the Provost
- This committee monitors and makes recommendations on academic standards--such as grading, probationary rules, academic integrity and reports to the full faculty before recommendations are forwarded to the Provost.
ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY AND LIBRARY COMMITTEE - Reports to the Provost & Chief Information Officer
- This committee advises and informs the Provost on the institutional direction to take for the development of technology for instruction. It assumes responsibility for immediate and long-term planning for academic technology, and plans for the expansion of network resources to students on and off campus. This committee is also concerned with library development and acquisitions. It makes recommendations regarding formulation of policy and directions of the University libraries.
ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE (including Early Admissions) - Reports to the Provost
- This committee makes recommendations on admissions policy and on cases that fall outside set guidelines. This committee also recruits and advises early admissions students and evaluates the program, recommending improvements to the Provost.
ATHLETICS COMMITTEE - Reports to the Provost
- This committee evaluates the athletic program and makes recommendations for its improvement.
CHARTER DAY COMMITTEE - Reports to the President
- This committee plans and expedites Charter Day activities on the respective campus.
FAULTY POLICY MANUAL COMMITTEE - Reports to the Provost
- This committee is charged with keeping policies current and makes recommendations to the Provost.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE - Reports to the Provost
- This committee makes recommendations on criteria for scholarships, reviews scholarship applications, and selects candidates for scholarship awards. The Chair of the committee shall serve two year-terms and shall be selected by the committee during the spring semester. The committee receives administrative support from the staff in the Financial Aid Office.
UNIVERSITY DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE - Reports to the Provost
- The role of the Discipline Committee is hear all complaints of alleged violations of code of conduct or infractions of University regulations, or behavior that is detrimental to the welfare of the University of the Virgin Islands community. The committee will serve for one academic year.