- Program Description -
Youth Ocean Explorers is a 4 week, hands-on marine science program for middle to high school-aged students interested in studying coastal, marine & environmental science, natural resource management, and conservation. The program involves a combination of short presentations and lectures daily from UVI faculty, staff, and community partners along with field activities utilizing scientific tools to supplement those presentations. Participants report to the UVI Center for Marine & Environmental Studies but can expect to travel with staff to other on-island locations for field work and activities. Snorkel gear and other instructional materials are provided for student use during the program.
- Eligibility Criteria / Important Information -
- Students in junior high to high school with an interest in marine biology (Grades 7-12).
- Complete the application for the Youth Ocean Explorers summer program. (Application link below / Step 1)
- Selected applicants will be notified once applications have been reviewed.
- Program begins July 11th, 2016 and ends on August 5th, 2016. Students will meet at UVI's Center for Marine and Environmental Studies at 8:30 AM and can be picked up at 4:00 PM.
- Lunch is provided.
- Cost: There is a one-time fee of $150 which is used to cover operational costs.
- There is a 10% DISCOUNT for local applicants. (E-mail a copy of your child's report card to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification)
- Parents and students must attend an orientation meeting (TBA) prior to the start date of the program.
- Application Deadline -
The Youth Ocean Explorers 2016 Summer Program has concluded. Applications for the Youth Ocean Explorers 2017 Summer Program will be available in the late spring of 2017.
- Contact Us -
Phone: St. Thomas (340) 693-1672
E-mail: St. Thomas (email@example.com)
Check us out on Facebook
#2 John Brewers Bay
St. Thomas, USVI 00802