Spring 2015 Commencement Information:
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015 on the Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix at 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 14, 2015 on the St. Thomas Campus at 1:30 p.m.
There are two graduation periods - December and May, but only one commencement ceremony on each campus.
- March 20, 2015 for May graduates
How to Apply:
- Students must apply online via mycampus.uvi.edu .
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- A non-refundable fee of $75.00 (this fee includes the diploma, cap and gown) is charged each candidate. Students receiving an additional degree will pay $25.00 for each. It is payable at the time of your online application submission. If the requirements for the degree are not completed, the student must re-apply and pay the graduation fee the next semester he or she becomes a candidate for a degree.
- Diplomas will be distributed during Commencement as you cross the stage.
Caps & Gowns:
- Measurements for cap and gown will be taken at the bookstore from February 1, 2015 - March 20, 2015. Also, you may order your organization kente stole from the bookstore, if available.
- Candidates may pick up academic regalia at the University Bookstore during regular business hours from May 4 through May 12.
- Only students who have met all graduation requirements can participate in the Commencement Ceremony. All undergraduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (C) and a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- All graduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (B) and a cumulative 3.00 GPA. As a graduate student you are allowed the maximum of two (C) grades.
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
Commencement Invitations and Tickets:
- Each candidate for graduation will receive eight (8) printed invitations and eight (8) tickets. Invitations and tickets may be picked up at the locations below.
- Monday, May 4, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Research and Extension Center (next to the Great Hall), St. Croix
- Tuesday, May 5, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Research and Extension Center (next to the Great Hall), St. Croix
- Monday, May 11, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Administration and Conference Center (ACC 203), St. Thomas
- Tuesday, May 12, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Administration and Conference Center (ACC 203), St. Thomas
Students are required to satisfy all university obligations before receiving tickets and invitations. The following must be completed before ticket/invitation distribution: You will be contact by the respective departments when the surveys are available.
- Financial Aid Exit Interview
- Graduating Senior Exit Survey
- Institutional Advancement Exit Interview
Though representatives from the Financial Aid and Institutional Advancement Offices will be on hand to assist where possible, students are encouraged to complete forms and surveys beforehand, as instructed.
- May 11, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. - St. Thomas, Sports and Fitness Center (SFC)
- May 12, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. - St. Croix, Great at the Hall
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
- Will be sent to your UVI email address.
- For more information, please call the Registrar's Office at (340) 693-1160 or the Associate Registrar at (340) 692-4103.