Spring 2016 Commencement Information:
- Thursday, May 12, 2016 on the St. Thomas Campus.
- Friday, May 13, 2016 on the Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix.
There are two graduation periods - December and May, but only one commencement ceremony on each campus.
- March 20, 2016 for May graduates.
How to Apply:
- Students must apply online via mycampus.uvi.edu .
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- A non-refundable fee of $75.00 (this fee includes the diploma, cap and gown) is charged each candidate. Students receiving an additional degree will pay $25.00 for each. It is payable at the time of your online application submission. If the requirements for the degree are not completed, the student must re-apply and pay the graduation fee the next semester he or she becomes a candidate for a degree.
- Diplomas will be distributed during Commencement as you cross the stage.
Caps & Gowns:
- Candidates may pick up academic regalia at the University Bookstore St. Thomas Campus from Monday, May 2, 2016 through Friday, May 6, 2016 between 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Candidates may pick up academic regalia at the University Bookstore Albert A Sheen Campus from Thursday,
May 5, 2016 through Thursday, May 12, 2016 between 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Only students who have met all graduation requirements can participate in the Commencement Ceremony. All undergraduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (C) and a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- All graduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (B) and a cumulative 3.00 GPA. As a graduate student you are allowed the maximum of two (C) grades.
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
Commencement Invitations and Tickets:
- Each candidate for graduation on the St. Thomas Campus will receive one (1) printed Invitation and eight (8) Tickets.
- Tuesday, May 10, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Administration and Conference Center (ACC 203), St. Thomas
- Wednesday, May 11, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m- Administration and Conference Center (ACC 203), St. Thomas
- Each candidate for graduation on the Albert A. Sheen Campus will receive four (4) printed Invitation.
- Monday, April 25, 2016 through Thursday, May 12, 2016, between 9:00 AM - 12:00 noon and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. - Research and Extension Center Room 107 (next to the Great Hall), St. Croix
Students are required to satisfy all university obligations before receiving tickets and invitations. The following must be completed before ticket/invitation distribution: You will be contact by the respective departments when the surveys are available.
- Financial Aid Exit Interview
- Graduating Senior Exit Survey
- Institutional Advancement Exit Interview
Though representatives from the Financial Aid and Institutional Advancement Offices will be on hand to assist where possible, students are encouraged to complete forms and surveys beforehand, as instructed.
- Rehearsal Monday, May 9, 3:00 P.M - St. Thomas, Sports and Fitness Center (SFC)
- Rehearsal Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 3:00 P.M - St. Croix, Great at the Hall
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
- Will be sent to your UVI email address.
- For more information, please call the Registrar's Office at (340) 693-1160 or the Associate Registrar at (340) 692-4103.