Spring 2015 Commencement Information:
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015 on the Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix at 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 14, 2015 on the St. Thomas Campus at 1:30 p.m.
There are two graduation periods - December and May, but only one commencement ceremony on each campus.
- October 22, 2014 for December graduates
- March 20, 2015 for May graduates
How to Apply:
- Students must apply online via mycampus.uvi.edu .
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- A non-refundable fee of $75.00 (this fee includes the diploma, cap and gown) is charged each candidate. Students receiving an additional degree will pay $25.00 for each. It is payable at the time of your online application submission. If the requirements for the degree are not completed, the student must re-apply and pay the graduation fee the next semester he or she becomes a candidate for a degree.
- Diplomas will be distributed during Commencement as you cross the stage.
Caps & Gowns:
- Measurements for cap and gown will be taken at the bookstore from February 1, 2015 - March 20, 2015. Also, you may order your organization kente stole from the bookstore, if available.
- Candidates may pick up academic regalia at the University Bookstore during regular business hours from May 4 through May 12.
- Only students who have met all graduation requirements can participate in the Commencement Ceremony. All undergraduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (C) and a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- All graduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (B) and a cumulative 3.00 GPA. As a graduate student you are allowed the maximum of two (C) grades.
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
Commencement Invitations and Tickets:
- Each candidate for graduation will receive eight (8) printed invitations and eight (8) tickets. Invitations and tickets may be picked up in the Administration and Conference Center Building according to the following schedule only.
- Wednesday, May 6, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (ACC 203)
- Thursday, May 7, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (ACC 203)
- Friday, May 8, 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (ACC 203)
Students are required to satisfy all university obligations before receiving tickets and invitations. The following must be completed before ticket/invitation distribution:
- Financial Aid Exit Interview
- Graduating Senior Exit Survey - (Contact Institutional Research at 340.693.1010)
- Institutional Advancement Exit Interview (Call 340.693.1607)
Though representatives from the Financial Aid and Institutional Advancement Offices will be on hand to assist where possible, students are encouraged to complete forms and surveys beforehand, as instructed.
- Will sent via your UVI email address or click: Commencement Information.
- For more information, please call the Registrar's Office at (340) 693-1160 or the Associate Registrar at (340) 692-4103.