2017 Commencement Information:
- May 11, 2017 on the Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix (Commencement will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m.)
- May 12, 2017 on the St. Thomas Campus. (Commencement will begin promptly at 1:30 p.m.)
There are two graduation periods - December and May, but only one commencement ceremony on each campus.
- March 26, 2017 for May graduates and November 10, 2017 for December graduates.
How to Apply:
- Students must apply online via mycampus.uvi.edu .
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- A non-refundable fee of $75.00 (this fee includes the diploma, cap and gown) is charged each candidate. Students receiving an additional degree will pay $25.00 for each. It is payable at the time of your online application submission. If the requirements for the degree are not completed, the student must re-apply and pay the graduation fee the next semester he or she becomes a candidate for a degree.
Note: Once application for graduation is paid students can proceed to the Bookstore with the receipt for
Cap and Gown measurements.
March 24, 2017 is the last day to submit orders to the Bookstore without penalty. All Cap and Gown orders placed after that day will now incur a $75 express shipping fee.
- An email notification will be sent when Commencement Regalia arrive at the Bookstore.
Diplomas will be distributed during Commencement as you cross the stage.
Caps & Gowns:
- Candidates may pick up academic regalia at the University Bookstore St. Thomas Campus from Tuesday, May 2, 2017 through Tuesday, May 9, 2017 between 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Candidates may pick up academic regalia at the University Bookstore Albert A Sheen Campus from Tuesday, May 2, 2017 through Wednesday, May 10, 2017 between 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Only students who have met all graduation requirements can participate in the Commencement Ceremony. All undergraduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (C) and a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- All graduate students must have completed all required classes in their major with a minimum grade of (B) and a cumulative 3.00 GPA. As a graduate student you are allowed the maximum of two (C) grades.
- Rehearsal is mandatory!
Commencement Invitations and Tickets:
- Each candidate for graduation on the St. Thomas Campus will receive one (1) printed Invitations and eight (8) Tickets.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Administration and Conference Center (ACC 203), St. Thomas
- Thursday, May 11, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m- Administration and Conference Center (ACC 203), St. Thomas
- Each candidate for graduation on the Albert A. Sheen Campus, St. Croix will receive four (4) printed Invitations.
- Monday, April 24, 2017 through Wednesday, May 10, 2017, between 9:00 AM - 12:00 noon and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Research and Extension Center Room 107 (next to the Great Hall), St. Croix.
- Students are required to satisfy all university obligations before receiving tickets and invitations. The following must be completed before ticket/invitation distribution: You will be contact by the respective departments when the surveys are available.
- Financial Aid Exit Interview
- Graduating Senior Exit Survey
- Institutional Advancement Exit Interview
Though representatives from the Financial Aid and Institutional Advancement Offices will be on hand to assist where possible, students are encouraged to complete forms and surveys beforehand, as instructed.
- Rehearsal Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 3:00 P.M - St. Thomas, Sports and Fitness Center (SFC)
- Rehearsal Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 3:00 P.M - St. Croix, Great at the Hall
- Rehearsal is mandatory!