It is not too early to start setting up appointments with academic advisors. Information on academic advisor assignments will be available from the Registrar's Office or from the dean's office in your College/School from September. If error messages are encountered during online registration, you should bring the Registration Form, signed by your advisor, to the Registrar's Office, so that the course(s) may be added to your schedules.
Online Registration for Returning Students
|Continuing Student Registration
|New Student Registration
Returning students can register on-line beginning October 23 through January 9, 2015. To register on-line:
For further information, click Instructions for BanWeb Registration
- See Advisor for approval of course selections.
- Obtain (PIN) number from Advisor.
- Log on to http://mycampus.uvi.edu
- In the launch pad on the left, click on Banweb to register.
- Print your class schedule, by selecting Student Schedule by Day and Time or Student Detail Schedule.
Mandated Program Changes - 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, January 5, 2015.
- Returning students whose schedules were affected by a University change or who have received “NP” or “F” on their grade report may make changes at this time. Students who do not comply will have to wait until the add/drop period January 12-16, 2015.
Registration and Advisement for New Students - 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm, January 7, 2015.
- All New Freshmen & Transfer Students who need skills classes will register in 700 Level, Center for Student Success.
- All New Freshman & Transfer Students who do not need skills classes will register with their respective School or College.
- All Other New Graduate & Part-time students
- Non-matriculated/Non-degree students
Late Registration - January 8 - 9, 2015
- In addition to the regular registration and tuition fees, a late registration fee of $75 will be charged.
- All prerequisites listed in the catalog must be met by ALL students prior to registration. Prerequisites refer to courses, examinations, or other conditions students must meet and receive passing grades before registering for any of the follow up courses. Students should familiarize themselves with course prerequisites which are listed in the course description section of the catalog.
- The University of the Virgin Islands makes no distinction between a degree earned through day or evening study. Accordingly, the degree candidate enrolling should become familiar with the degree requirements, academic standards and procedures stated in the University catalog. Any registration for more than 16.5 credits is considered an overload and must be approved by the faculty advisor and the Dean.
- All returning students: Tuition and fees must be paid before the classes start. Payment can be made in person, by mail, credit card in Banner or online with UVI's deferred tuition payment plan. You may call in your credit card information to the Business Office at (340) 692-4160. Learn more . . .
- All Financial Aid/Scholarship Recipients must go to the cashier on or before January 5, 2015 to complete the payment process.
- Any courses not paid for by 4:00 p.m. on January 5, 2015 will be canceled. Students whose classes are canceled for non-payment will be able to register only during late registration. An additional $75 will be charged.
Interpretation of Class Schedule Codes
- ADL ........................................ Asynchronous Distance Learning
- DL………………………………………………..Distance Learning
- V ..................................................... .Video Conference Courses
- IND……………………………………………...Independent Study
- Final Day to Add - 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, January 16, 2015
- WP/WF, Audit/Credit… - February 20, 2015
Last day to withdraw from a course without penalty “WP” or “WF” or change from audit to credit or credit to audit.
Final Day to Withdraw - March 18, 2015
- Final day to withdraw from a course without special permission from the Dean.
Students must complete an OFFICIAL WITHDRAWAL form during the first four weeks of classes in order to receive a refund of tuition.
- 90% - January 13 -16, 2015
- 70% - January 20 -26, 2015
- 50% - January 27 - February 2, 2015
- 25% - February 3 -9, 2015
Thereafter, no refund is available. Fees are non-refundable.
- Prospective graduate students must submit an application to the Admissions Office by the advertised deadline in order to register for up to 9 credits. They must be admitted in order to continue in the program. Students holding a Masters Degree from another institution may enrol for 15 credits.
- Non-Matriculated Graduate Students wishing to register full-time in the graduate program (9 or more credits) must seek permission from the Dean, prior to registration.
- M - Monday
- T - Tuesday
- W - Wednesday
- R - Thursday
- F - Friday
- S - Saturday
- U - Sunday
Changes to Course Offerings
- Courses with less than 10 students are subject to cancellation by the University. It may also be necessary for UVI to revise the schedule because of additions, deletions or corrections. Changes will be posted on the class schedule.
Computer Literacy Exam (CLE)
English Proficiency Exam (EPE)
Communicating with Students
- Each UVI student is assigned an official e-mail address, your nine thousand number @myuvi.net or firstname.lastname@example.org to which official communications from the Registrar's Office are sent. Students should check their UVI e-mail account regularly to receive official communications.
For more information, contact
- Registrar’s Office/Academic Services