It is not too early to start setting up appointments with academic advisors. Information on academic advisor assignments will be available from the Registrar's Office or from the dean's office in your College/School from September. If error messages are encountered during online registration, you should bring the Registration Form, signed by your advisor, to the Registrar's Office, so that the course(s) may be added to your schedules.
|New Student Registration
Online Registration for Returning Students
Returning students can register on-line for the Fall semester beginning March 21, 2016 through August 15, 2016. To register on-line:
- See Advisor for approval of course selections.
- Obtain (PIN) number from Advisor.
- Log on to http://mycampus.uvi.edu
- In the launch pad on the left, click on Banweb to register.
- Print your class schedule, by selecting Student Schedule by Day and Time or Student Detail Schedule.
For further information, click Instructions for BanWeb Registration
Fall 2016 Registration Changes
- Thursday, October 20, 2016 -Start of AW / Dean's Permission
Spring 2017 Registration Changes
- Monday, January 9-13 - Start of Add/Drop
- Friday, January 13, 2017 - Final Day to Add/Drop
- Monday, January 16, 2017 - Start of Withdrawal (WD) Audit / Credit / Credit to Audit
- Friday, February 17, 2017- Final Day of Withdrawal (WD) Audit / Credit / Credit to Audit
- Monday, February 20, 2017 - Start of WP/WF
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 - End of WP/WF without Dean's Permission
- Thursday, March 9 through April 24, 2017 - Start of AW / Dean's Permission
- All prerequisites listed in the catalog must be met by ALL students prior to registration. Prerequisites refer to courses, examinations, or other conditions students must meet and receive passing grades before registering for any of the follow up courses. Students should familiarize themselves with course prerequisites which are listed in the course description section of the catalog.
- The University of the Virgin Islands makes no distinction between a degree earned through day or evening study. Accordingly, the degree candidate enrolling should become familiar with the degree requirements, academic standards and procedures stated in the University catalog. Any registration for more than 16.5 credits is considered an overload and must be approved by the faculty advisor and the Dean.
- All returning students: Tuition and fees must be paid before the classes start. Payment can be made in person, by mail, credit card in Banner or online with UVI's deferred tuition payment plan. You may call in your credit card information to the Business Office at (340) 692-4160. Learn more .
- All Financial Aid/Scholarship Recipients must go to the cashier on or before TBA to complete the payment process.
- Any courses not paid for by 3:00 p.m. on August 1, 2016 will be canceled. Students whose classes are canceled for non-payment will be able to register only during late registration. An additional $75 will be charged.
Interpretation of Class Schedule Codes
||Asynchronous Distance Learning
|Hybrid Courses (Student will at times meet on Campus as indicated by the instructor).
In order to receive a refund of tuition students must complete the University's withdrawal form and officially withdraw from all classes during the first four weeks of the semester. (see Undergraduate Catalog 2014-2016, page 38).
||Summer I - 2017
|Summer II - 2017
|90% January 16-20
|70% January 23-27
|50 % January 30 through February 3
|25% February 6-10
Thereafter, no refund is available. Fees are non-refundable.
- Prospective graduate students must submit an application to the Admissions Office by the advertised deadline in order to register for up to 9 credits. They must be admitted in order to continue in the program. Students holding a Masters Degree from another institution may enroll for 15 credits.
- Non-Matriculated Graduate Students wishing to register full-time in the graduate program (9 or more credits) must seek permission from the Dean, prior to registration.
- M - Monday
- T - Tuesday
- W - Wednesday
- R - Thursday
- F - Friday
- S - Saturday
- U - Sunday
Changes to Course Offerings
- Courses with less than 10 students are subject to cancellation by the University. It may also be necessary for UVI to revise the schedule because of additions, deletions or corrections. Changes will be posted on the class schedule.
Computer Literacy Exam (CLE)
English Proficiency Exam (EPE)
Communicating with Students
- Each UVI student is assigned an official e-mail address, your nine thousand number @myuvi.net or email@example.com to which official communications from the Registrar's Office are sent. Students should check their UVI e-mail account regularly to receive official communications.
For more information, contact