The Post-9/11 GI Bill program is comprised of multiple payments.
Tuition & Fees
- Your tuition & fees directly to the school.
Monthly Housing Allowance
- Your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) is generally the same as the military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for an E-5 with dependents. Your MHA is based on the ZIP code for your school.
- A yearly books and supplies stipend of up to $1000 paid proportionately based on enrollment.
- You need to verify your attendance every month before payment is issued if you are attending an Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) or Non-College Degree (NCD) program and are receiving one of the following:
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program - REAP
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program - VRAP
- To verify your enrollment online go to https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) . You can also call 1-877 VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) to verify by telephone. You do not need to verify your attendance if you are attending an IHL or NCD program and receiving the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
Additional Information for Veterans:
- Military Veterans Graduate School Guide, Click on the link below:
After their service, military members return home with a wealth of new, highly-valuable skills. By pairing these skills with an advanced degree, veterans can set themselves up for very productive, fulfilling, and successful civilian lives. This guide was created to help veterans better understand masters degrees and graduate school financing options some key elements of the guide include:
- How military skills apply to various masters degrees
- Financial aid options -- GI bills, scholarships, grants
- An overview of the grad school admission process and online opportunities