Spring semester classes at the University of the Virgin Islands are scheduled to begin on Monday, Jan. 9. Online registration for continuing UVI students is available, with access through the University’s BanWeb registration and student information portal. Late registration for new and continuing students is set for Thursday, Jan. 5. UVI class schedules, a link to the BanWeb login page and additional details are available from the Registrar’s section of the UVI website: www.uvi.edu.
New Student Orientation
Orientation activities are planned for new students enrolling at UVI on both campuses, from Tuesday, Jan. 3 to Thursday, Jan. 5. New student advisement and registration is scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 3, on the Albert A. Sheen Campus on St. Croix and Wednesday, Jan. 4, on the St. Thomas Campus. All newly matriculated students are required to participate in orientation activities prior to the start of the semester for academic advising and development of their class schedules. Orientation also includes sessions to introduce new students to UVI, networking with other students and instructors, campus tours, an official welcome from UVI President David Hall, and student exchange meetings on both campuses.
St. Thomas Campus
Wednesday, January 4
- Orientation Check-in and Buccaneer Welcome Session: 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m., Sports and Fitness Center (SFC) Lobby
- Get Connected to UVI’s Resources: 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., SFC Arena
- Lunch: Taste of the Virgin Islands: Noon – 1:30 p.m., Dining Pavilion
- It’s All About Academics (Meet Your Dean): 1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., SFC
- Medallion Ceremony (Required for All New Students) with remarks from UVI’s President, Dr. David Hall: 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m., SFC Arena
Thursday, January 5
- Late Advisement and Registration: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Administration and Conference Center (ACC)
Albert A. Sheen Campus
Tuesday, January 3
- Orientation Check-In: 10 a.m. – 10:20 a.m., Great Hall.
- Resource Presentations: 10:30 a.m. – Noon, Great Hall
- A Taste of the Caribbean and The Buccaneer Welcome Reception: Noon – 1:30 p.m., Great Hall
- “It’s All Academics” Dean’s Talk and Advisement: 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Evans Center 300 Level
- Advisement/Registration (New Students Only): 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Evans Center 300 Level
Thursday, January 5
- UVI Student ID Card Distribution and Survey Completion: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Evans Center, Room 807
- Late Registration, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Evans Center 300 Level
Orientation schedules and additional information for UVI’s St. Thomas Campus and the Albert A. Sheen Campus on St. Croix are available from orientation.uvi.edu or from the New Student Orientation link in the Student Life Menu of the UVI homepage, www.uvi.edu.