For more information or if there are any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 13 - Workshop: How to Apply to summer programs presented by ECS Student Scholars in B110 at 12:00pm
- Jan 15 - St. Croix only workshop on tips to apply to summer programs presented by UVI students at 4:00pm in NWW 131
- Jan 20 - Research seminar on Personalized Medicine presented by Dr. George Mias from Michigan State Univ. CA Building 3rd floor at 12:00pm.
- Jan 22 - Dr. George Mias will present biology seminar in B110 on STT & EVC 302A on STX at 12:00pm
- Jan 28 - Boston Early Medical School Program Interviews. Interested students should contact Dr. Sandra Romano immediately at 693-1389 or by email at email@example.com.
- Jan 29 - Dr. Charnise Goodings will be on the St. Thomas campus to present a seminar on cancer biology in B110 on STT and EVC 302A on STX at 12pm. She works at St. Jude's Children's Hospital and is a UVI alumna.
- Feb 03 - Bryant Cameron from Boston University School of Medicine is Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Psychiatry and will present a seminar on the placebo effect in B110 at 12pm
- Feb 20 - Workshop: Completing summer and graduate applications in Marine Science Center on St. Thomas from 10am to 4pm. Bring a laptop and draft of your personal statement/essay. Dr. Turner will review and provide feedback. Pizza will be served.
- Feb 25 to 27 - 2016 ERN Conference in STEM, Washington DC (http://www.emerging-researchers.org/)
- Feb 29 - ECS application deadline
- CANCELLED March 23 - Research seminar by Dr. Mark Gluck from Rutgers University in B-110 on STT and EVC 401 on STX at 12:00pm. Title: Uncovering the impact of neurological disorders on cognitive function.
- April 15 - UVI Research Day. Click here for more info...
- Sep 02 - Workshop: How to apply to graduate School by Dr. Teresa Turner, 12pm, Room B110 STT & NWW 103 STX
- Sep 09 - Workshop: Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation by Dr. Edwin Cruz-Rivera, 12pm, Room B110 STT & NWW 103 STX
- Sep 10 - GRE Prep Workshop, 1-3pm, CAB 302 (Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;#160;to RSVP)
- Sep 10 to 13 - Computational Workshop on Density Functional Theory. Contact Dr. Wayne Archibald to RSVP and get more information. Click here to see the agenda.
- Sep 11 - SEMINAR TITLE: Connecting atomistic bond motifs and electronic effects in 2-D materials with x-ray spectroscopy presented by Prof. Theanne Schiros, Columbia University MRSEC and Hosted by Dr. Wayne Archibald at 12pm in Room: CAB 302
- Sep 11 - ABRCMS Abstracts Submission deadline (http://www.abrcms.org/index.php/abstracts-posters) and to apply for travel awards
- Sep 13 - UVI Fall Symposium registration deadline and abstracts submission due
- Sep 14 - Seminar by visiting astronomer Onelda Bardho, STT CAB 306, 12pm
- Sep 18 - Research Seminar by Biologist Dr. Paul Sikkel from Arkansas State University, STT Room B110 at 12:00pm
- Sep 27 - Fall Student Research Symposium, ACC Building, UVI St. Thomas Campus, 1-3pm
- Sep 30 - Research Seminar by alumna, Ms. Nicole Fleming (grad student at UNC Chapel Hill), STT Room B110 and STX Room NWW 103 at 12:00pm
- Oct 14-16 - CERC 8th Health Disparities Institute, Marriott Frenchman's Reef, St. Thomas
- Oct 30 - MARC/RISE Advisory Committee Meeting, 3-5pm, ACC
- Nov 02 - Workshop: Writing a personal statement and completing applications for grad school & summer programs, 9am-5pm, STT Marine Science Conference room & EVC 308 on St. Croix (Hosted by Dr. Turner STT and Dr. Baumann STX)
- Nov 04 - Research Seminar, Dr. Robert Donnelly of Rutgers University New Jersey Medical School, 12pm, B110 STT
- Nov 05 - Preparing for ABRCMS Meeting, 1:00pm, STT Marine Science Conference Room
- Nov 11-14 - ABRCMS Conference, Seattle, Washington
- Nov 20 - NSBE guest speaker by the name of Deidre Gay-Buggs will present at 3:00 PM in CAB 302 on St. Thomas. She is from Boeing, the airlines manufacturing company.
- Dec 04 - Workshop: How to apply to summer programs, Marine Science STT, 11am-1pm
Click here for the archive of past events.