The Virgin Islands Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (VI-EPSCoR) promotes the development of the Territory's science and technology resources through multi-disciplinary research and educational programs.
VI-EPSCoR achieves these goals by supporting research in areas of scientific inquiry linked to the Territory's economic development …
- by improving research infrastructure to strengthen competitiveness,
- by increasing student participation in science and technology in order to build a skilled workforce,
- and by building partnerships between government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector to create a foundation of research and development for economic growth.
VI-EPSCoR's vision is to develop the territory's scientific capacity in support of economic development by drawing upon and strengthening the territory's physical and human resources for scientific study. A key to developing the territory's science capacity is through stimulating research that in turn provides educational opportunities for students and faculty alike.
– Related UVI News Releases –
- University Researchers Discover Reproductive Refuge for Threatened Coral Species – July 21, 2015 – Read Release
Public Outreach | Publications
Phone: St. Thomas (340) 693-1422 | Phone: St. Croix (340) 692-4003
Web: epscor.uvi.edu | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org