UVI's Purchasing Office works closely with the Accounting Office to provide timely and efficient procurement of quality goods and services for the various academic, administrative, and research departments at the University at a reasonable price. The Purchasing Office maintains reliable sources of supply, obtain competitive bids, negotiate contracts, consolidate University purchases when possible and issue purchase orders to vendors and manage the procurement card program.
What We Do:
- Ensure the uninterrupted flow of educational, research, and administrative activities by obtaining and ensuring delivery of acceptable quality of goods and services at the right time and price.
- Develop reliable alternative sources of supply to meet the University’s requirements.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with vendors in order to preserve a good business reputation and obtain competitive prices.
- Comply in all respects with federal, and territorial laws, and all other applicable laws without qualification or evasion.
- Coordinate inventory management and fixed assets.
1) Please use the resources below to find the latest information on UVI negotiated rates for University-related travel.
- University Travel Information
- UVI Negotiated Hotel Rates
2) The resources below contain links to policies/forms relative to the Purchasing Office:
- Procurement Card Policy
- Property Management Policy
- Fixed Asset Policy
- Purchasing Forms
2) Please use the link below to find the latest information on projects requiring formal solicitations.