The graduate programs at the University of the Virgin Islands were developed to meet specific needs in the Territory and beyond. While each of the programs has its own mission, the overall aim of all the areas of graduate study is to provide a high-quality education for students to meet their professional and technical training needs. In some of the programs, research training includes activities directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Accounting (MACC)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Arts in School Counseling & Guidance
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist in School Psychology (Application Deadline Extended - Aug. 22)
- Master of Arts in Psychology (MAPSY)
- Master of Arts in Mathematics for Secondary Teachers (MMAT)
- Master of Marine and Environmental Science programs (MMES)
- PhD in Creative Leadership for Innovation & Change
Candidates for master programs must:
- Submit an online application or a paper application form to the Graduate Admissions Office on the appropriate campus requesting admission to the Graduate Program by April 30th for Fall and October 30th for Spring admissions. However, the application deadline for the Master of Marine and Environmental Science program is March 1 of every year, or the next business day if the date falls on a weekend or holiday.
- Submit official transcript(s) of all previous college course work. (Transcript(s) must be forwarded by the institution(s) attended.)
- Submit Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores in accordance with the specific requirements for the respective program for the Business Administration, Public Administration, Education, Education Specialist in School Psychology, Mathematics for Secondary Teachers and Marine and Environmental Science programs. GMAT and GRE scores are retained for five testing years from the date scores are earned.
- Submit supporting documents to complete the application process by October 30 for the Spring semester and April 30 for the Fall semester. Applicants must complete the admission procedures according to schedule and may register for courses while the application process is pending.
- See University academic calendar for registration dates. See student classification section for registration restrictions.
- Please contact the Program Coordinator with questions concerning eligibility, prerequisites, and the application process.Test results older than five years are invalid. The UVI code for GRE is (5255) and GMAT is (0879) and should be used to so that the electronic scores can be sent directly to the Admissions Office.
International Graduate Applicants
Graduate applicants that did not attend an U.S. academic institution are required to submit an academic course by course evaluation to view the evaluating services, click here. Once an evaluation is received request to have the official review mailed to the University of the Virgin Islands.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test results to our school code 0879. Check out TOEFL information online at www.ets.org.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to pay for at least the first year of study. The I-20 Immigration Form will not be issued until the applicant has been accepted by the Admissions Office and has submitted a Certification of Finances form indicating how fees will be paid while attending the University of the Virgin Islands. Regulations of the U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service governing non-immigrant "F-1" students require that all persons in this category pursue a full-time course of study. This means that undergraduates must register for a minimum of 12 credits per semester and graduate students a minimum of 9 credits per semester.
All supporting documents, including the Certificate of Finance form, letters from financial institutions, letters to verify room, board and living arrangements, etc. must be submitted by the enrollment deposit deadline. To access the Certificate of Finance form, click here International Students Manual.
More information is available in the UVI Graduate Bulletin.