October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), which celebrates the contributions of America’s workers with disabilities past and present and showcases supportive, inclusive employment policies and practices. In recognition of the important role people with disabilities play in a diverse and inclusive American workforce, the theme for NDEAM 2022 “Disability: Part of the Equity Equation.”
Here is a snapshot of activities in the USVI for #NDEAM:
- Monday, Oct. 24 from 10:00 am – 12 Noon – People with Disabilities NDEAM training at VI Small Business Development Center (SBDC)’s Office in STX
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 10:00 am – 12 Noon – Employer Empowerment Training at SBDC’s Office in STX
- Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m. – Virtual Employer Recruitment Roundtable
- Thursday, Oct. 27 from 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon - People with Disabilities NDEAM training at SBDC’s Office in STT
- Friday, Oct. 28 from 10:00 a.m. – 12 Noon - Employer Empowerment Training at SBDC’s Office in STT
For additional information, contact Shamika Thomas at (340) 693-1406.